Actual youngest sidemount diver - sorry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys I am the reason for the "youngest sidemount diver?" thread. I must have mouthed off to the wrong person at my LDS. Sorry for any trouble. He stretched the truth a lot. I am not deep or cavern certified don't plan to become either in the next year or so I'm not even SM certified until the 25th. I hope that I can still give and accept advice without being questioned.
thank you
sorry for the mistake won't happen again

Whatever happened to the popcorn icon? I need it real bad right now...

So do you take guff from older divers or not? There was so much deleted from that other thread that it is impossible to tell.

How would you know if you were the youngest sidemount diver?The world is a BIG place.

Where in GA?
An hour North of Atlanta, Cartersville. Great Quarry there , low vis but its 165 feet deep. East End Diver I'm the youngest OW sidemount diver PSAI has ever trained. I asked PADI if I could take the course with them on a medical waiver (football is a killer on the back if you play wide out) but, they didn't reply. I didn't even look into NAUI because you have to be 18 for all of their tech courses and sidemount is considered tech for them. I didn't ask IANTD because the age limit is 18 for them too.

---------- Post Merged at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:08 PM ----------

So do you take guff from older divers or not? There was so much deleted from that other thread that it is impossible to tell.
I do I dive with my dad or older divers, he got his OW from PADI in 83 at divers supply in Macon, GA. They usually tell me stuff I don't know I was on a dive charter last week on vacation and the captain of the boat told me that there is a plastic part on the back of my console that would blow before my glass blew.

I know Cartersville, and some divers up there. I spent 16 years in the Atlanta area.

I used to live in Symrna. I've lived around Naples too.

So how old are you? I believe Jay (who works at Cave Adventurers) was 15 or 16 when he became the first (or second) person certified in PSAI's Side Mount program.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom