Acute Pulmonary Edema on Ascent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose I should always be careful what I say, however, I am very careful when diving and I have aborted dives and trips when I was feeling under the weather. I will never forget a dive early in my diving experience where I had to actually hold my nose and blow to clear my ears. This is very unusual for me, I normally can clear by just moving my jaw muscles. I ended up with an inner ear infection and it taught me a valuable lesson. When you feel just a little bad, stay on the surface and watch the bubbles. I would have never flown with the congestion I had that day, what was I thinking? (I am a private pilot.) I wanted to dive and since I only get to dive a few times a year, I didn't want to miss out. Well, I made a mistake and learned from it. As I said before, I am old enough and cautious enough to take care of myself. Will I make mistakes in the future, you can bet on it, but I won't make the same one twice. I only use sudaphed in rare occasions and have never had a problem with it. Will I use it again? Most probably, but if I have a real cold or a congestion that is more than very mild from a change in climate. I will stay on the surface.

Unfortunately adults can make bad decisions, sometimes those decisions can put them and those around them in danger. We can't change that, but the education that we gain from threads like these may help keep more people, even me, from doing really dumb things. This was a great thread and I learned a lot from this one and the other thread on pseudoephedrine.

Back
Top Bottom