Adapter & Macro Lens for G10/WP-DC28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hwa0421

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these?

dc28adapter.jpg

ucl-330.jpg

"FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment"
"FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment"

How do you think? is it worth?

Hi
I am currently using the inon close up lens with my Olympus 5050 and I really like it. I bought it from Ryan at reefphoto.com. I am currently thinking about upgrading to the g10 so I would need the adapter for that. There is a topic on the forum using the adapter and that close up lens. Actually the person was using 2 stacked together. The pictures are amazing
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-photography/271829-anilao-january-2009-canon-g10.html

Hope that helps
John

I use this adapter for my G9 with Inon UCL-165 M67 makro lense. I am quite happy with the products although my pictures are far from amazing but is not because of the equipment - still, the man behind the camera is dominan factor.

I have been looking at attaching a wet macro lens, but there is a lot of vignetting with this adaptor and lens. Why have they made it with a 67mm lens when the port on the DC28 is so much wider than this? I'm sure there are larger macro lenses, aren't there?

I have been looking at attaching a wet macro lens, but there is a lot of vignetting with this adaptor and lens. Why have they made it with a 67mm lens when the port on the DC28 is so much wider than this? I'm sure there are larger macro lenses, aren't there?

It's not the width that's the issue, the problem is the long lens port needed to accomodate the long zoom of the camera. When at the widest part of the zoom range, the tip of the lens is too far back inside the housing's lens barrell and far away from the end of the port. Adding a WA adapter to the end then makes it vignette. Sure, making the port wider could be a solution (and is probably why the canon housings have that oval shaped port) but it still won't help as much when adding-on a WA lens (67mm and 46mm seem to be the "standards"). AFAIK the only WA adapters that are larger are the ones for video housings and they seem to cost more than aluminum housings for the G10. That's why both Patima and Ikelite went with interchangable ports for their G9 housings, a long port for macro (that gives the entire zoom range) and a short one (that physically blocks the lens from extending) for wide angle.

Plus, the G10 can focus to 1cm at wide-angle. Not much for a macro lens to help with there, right?? Zoomed in, these won't vignette and that's where you will benefit from the add-ons anyway.

Randini, the original post, the adaptor, as well as my post are about MACRO lenses, not WA lenses. The G10 does alright as far as WA goes (for me).

Yes, good point, mmakay. I suppose it doesn't matter if it vignettes as long as I can remove the adaptor easily underwater when I want to take a 'wide-angle' shot (that is, zoomed out without the adaptor).

Does anyone know if this adaptor is easily removable underwater?

Back
Top Bottom