Add another Florida Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nawtical, the Manatee Snorkel was cool (can't dive w/manatees, the bubbles scare them), and there are some springs in the Crystal River area that you can dive. I think the "Manatee Season" starts in November and starts wrapping up in March. We were lucky in finding about 6 of them in one location. The day before we went, they only found a mom and calf.

Dr Jay, no I haven't tried Ginnie Springs yet. I'm sure I will soon though. Thanks for the recommendation.

DiverBuoy, I bought my fins when I signed up for OW class. I had no idea what I was purchasing (had never even snorkeled before). I'm sure the more experienced I become, I'll figure out what the different types willl do for me.

Thanks again for all the welcomes,
Tom
:) =-) :)

Hey
Just got back from Florida > I took an Underwater Videography course at Halls in the Keys. The dive conditions were lousy for taking vido and actually for diving as well. Vis was only 10 - 15 feet and terrible swell from the wave conditions. Did four two tank dives and conditions did not improve until time to come back to Canada. OF COURSE!!! Although I spent a week in New Port Richey with a dive Instructor buddy of mine I did my IDC with. He took me up to Chrystal River to snorkel with the Manatees. That was the highlight of my 34 years of diving. Playing with those big fellas in the wild is ultimate WOW! I am a big environmentalist and having them come to you naturally speaks volumes for protecting these very beautiful and intelligent creatures.
I am lookin for anyone who has any Video experience to share some ideas and questions with if anyone is interested.

nawtical, hard luck there bud, sorry... it has been awful all up and down the east
coast of Florida these last few weeks

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

I generally tro to say Howdy to every new member, but I missed you somehow last month. Oh, now - that was last year, before I joined. Okay - fine.

don

:D

Back
Top Bottom