adding metal D rings to a bc ( tusa 2100)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

batman diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i dont have any D rings on my bc and this is now becoming a problem as i want to attach spare o ring holders and a reel for my rescue sausage , i cant put them in my pockets cause one pocket is filled with the sausage and one with a softy weight , has anyone ever done this ?
images

I added many D-ring to my older BC's. I would wrap a small piece of nylon webbing around the ring and sew it in to the BC.

Attachments

• GOPR0839.jpg
    GOPR0839.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 324
  • GOPR0840.jpg
    GOPR0840.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 295
Burn the edges of the nylon strap before you sew it on. I use carpet thread. I have a heavy thimble to push it through. As long as you are not sewing it near anything that inflates that you could puncture, I think you will be fine. Some jacket inflates could be tricky.

ha ha , thanks guys im gonna give it a try , wanted to just see it could be done , thanks for the pic , just what i needed :)

Super Star,

I am impressed with your sewing ability-is that sewn by hand? Did you use a sewing awl or a needle?

I’m very impressed with that adapter you made to use a standard hose for that old USD bayonet fitting.

BUT MOST of all, I’m impressed that you are able to keep that POS bladder from deteriorating. I had two of those and both bladders disintegrated.

c

Why not just get glue/sew-on pockets for your wet/dry suit?

For that matter, why do you need to take spare o-rings on your dive? :)

when we launch we turn all air off , when we kit up on the boat and just before be drop in we turn air back on , seen a few ppl blow o rings at this time ....just incase

Super Star,

I am impressed with your sewing ability-is that sewn by hand? Did you use a sewing awl or a needle?

I’m very impressed with that adapter you made to use a standard hose for that old USD bayonet fitting.

BUT MOST of all, I’m impressed that you are able to keep that POS bladder from deteriorating. I had two of those and both bladders disintegrated.

c

I got a sail repair kit when I was 14 that had a leather palm, needles, waxed twine and a how to book.
Credit for the adapter goes to my friend J.B.Weld.
As for the POS bc. Pure luck.

ha ha , cause i ant leave them on the boat , they will get lost or stolen , besides a bc looks "cool" if it has a Metal D ring , i dont have any .. at all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom