Additional D-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about adding 1 or 2 to the lower tank band? I always add them to my BC's (Ranger and Scout). It's very easy to do, keeps whatever you clip on out of the way and believe it or not is very easy at access. I keep spare lights, safety sausages and reels on them.

scuba_sirhc:
Sigh ok..thanks Scott!

I thought about this for a while last night, and what you COULD do is just have your LDS order you a new shoulder section with the quantity of d-rings you want. That is probably both the easiest, and least expensive way!

Herman is full of good ideas though, so you may want to try out his suggestion!

Thanks!

Scott

scuba_sirhc:
Hi Scott,
Is it possible to add D-rings to the shoulder harness of the Ranger?

Just use a split D-ring.

Thanks Herman...but wouldn't it be quite hard to reach for access??
Reefhound, im sorry but whats a split d-ring?

scuba_sirhc:

Just a D-ring with a cut in the straight segment, see example

ReefHound:
Just a D-ring with a cut in the straight segment, see example

If you can undo the webbing then you can add a D-ring with a belt slide (I get them from Dive Rite), but from what I remember from my old Ranger, I don't think you can actually undo the webbing to slied a D-ring on - it's sown in place.

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/hardware/drings.shtml

scuba_sirhc:

One would think so but it's actually pretty easy. Put your BC on (with a tank is best) and reach around behind you. I'll bet you can easily feel the lower tank band on a Ranger. I use clips with attachment rings large enough to get my little finger in. I put my little finger through the ring, hold the clip with my lower 3 fingers, use my index finger to locate the Dring and my thumb to operate the clip. Sounds hard but in reality its easier to find than a high shoulder strap D ring. The rear rings also keep items from hanging down all over the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom