Adjustable Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Adjustable Force Fin Adjustable Force Fins

This week I would like to share what I have learned about the Adjustable line of Force Fins, specifically the Adjustable Force Fin made for diving. There are other similar models available for swimming, body surfing and boarding, and float tube fishing. All have a foot pocket that is open on the top, and outfitted with a comfort instep pad and integrated strapping system, so that they adjust at the heel, over the instep and around the foot. They are truly adjustable to the size and needs of the diver.

The blade of the Adjustable Force Fin for diving is longer and stouter than the Original Force Fin although it is made out of the same Original 86A polyurethane. The length is necessary to allow the water to flow onto– over and under – the fin blade at a point forward of the foot pocket. It has vortex generators on the underside to keep water moving quickly over the longer blade and has the geared surfaces on its topside for adding Whiskers, Sharks’ Teeth, Speed Pods, Bat Wings and what other Force Wings might be made in the future. force_wings

The adjustable foot pocket is sized to fit the range of Force Fin sizes Medium Large, Large and Extra Large. This is the size range for most divers when using the fin barefoot or in different size wetsuit booties. It is a great choice for those who would want to share fins with others, those who dive in different environments – barefoot when diving from a boat and wear wetsuit booties when making beach entries, those who have a high instep, two different size feet, or otherwise require specialized fit, and those who just like them and the option of adding Force Wings to a pair of Force Fins.

What is truly unique about the Force Fin Adjustable Foot Pocket is its patented side support system. This structure is necessary to maintain stability and control from the foot through to the desired blade movement. Laced over the top of the foot pocket and through a high density foam pad that is covered in fluffy fleece for comfort and conformity to just about every unique foot contour is a parachute webbing strap with side release buckle.

Fix the strap adjustment to hug, not squeeze your foot, lift the instep pad into its “up” position, slide the pad into position along with your foot and you’re ready for a comfortable dive, with fins that conform to your unique foot contours and provide cushioned support. Fit, comfort and control is what the Adjustable Line Force Fins are about!

The Adjustable Force Fin is among the most versatile of the Force Fin Line. We just heard from a customer that for the past 10 years has traveled extensively with a single pair of Adjustable Force Fins. He also travels with his wife, with whom he shares the fin and their young children. He dives while she watches the kids, then she snorkels with the same pair of fins adjust to her size, while he watches the children. After 10 years of use, they decided they wanted a new pair of straps. He was surprised that we still had replacement parts so long after his original purchase. That is the value of buying a product that lasts, from a stable company.

thanks, Blair. That definitely helped to clear my confusion of the adjustable fins. I can't wait to hear about the force wings.

I own a pair of adjustables and they work well for my rock boots used in cold water environments and for my tropical boots for warm water. I could likely use them without boots if I wanted. What I will not do is switch back to my Mares.

I own a pair of adjustables and they work well for my rock boots used in cold water environments and for my tropical boots for warm water. I could likely use them without boots if I wanted. What I will not do is switch back to my Mares.
I'm exactly on the same road as you! I have a pair of Mares Volo Powers, they're peeling apart for only ~1 year! My gonna get the Force Fins to replace them and have been seriously thinking about getting the Adjustable FF hoping they'll fit both my wet and dry boots.

Do you use them with any Force Wings?

the adjustable should fit your wet and dry boots without issue. the Force Wings are completely optional on this fin, as it follows the design of the original fin. If you really want Wings on it, then I recommend the sharks teeth (as pictured) as the will help the fin bite in the water a little better.

I personnally am able to accomplish the same fitting, I have a wide 13 (US)foot and I wear the XXL with my Drysuit boot and just stick the comfort instep in to dive wet. The original fin doesn't need any wings as the are already as smooth as butter. And since I prefer (and recommend) the TanDelta for scuba this works out perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom