Adjusting IP on Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I made to avoid slippage on really tight caps.
Homemade tool.jpg

Nice!

Since I am placing an order anyway I might as well get the tools I need for a full service. Looking over the Signature manual I think I have everything I need but the #6 spanner since the #5 spanner is for the turret which the Scribble doesn’t have. Can anyone confirm? I do wish there was a manual specific to the Scribble.

Since I am placing an order anyway I might as well get the tools I need for a full service. Looking over the Signature manual I think I have everything I need but the #6 spanner since the #5 spanner is for the turret which the Scribble doesn’t have. Can anyone confirm? I do wish there was a manual specific to the Scribble.

Use the Apeks DS4 manual. Nothing specific to service these things except the pin spanner *which you can get on Amazon btw, though Scuba Tools is all of like 4 minutes from where you live*.

Various wrenches
Pin spanner
Allen Keys
O-ring picks
IP gauge
Various cleany type stuff

Use the Apeks DS4 manual. Nothing specific to service these things except the pin spanner *which you can get on Amazon btw, though Scuba Tools is all of like 4 minutes from where you live*.

Various wrenches
Pin spanner
Allen Keys
O-ring picks
IP gauge
Various cleany type stuff
Thanks for the heads up on the manual!

I know but the shipping from Scuba Tools is the same. I asked once if I could just come by and pickup my purchase but sadly their answer was no. :(

Since the spanner is all I need I have to ask, which one on Amazon?

Readjusting the IP is just a temporary fix. There is only one way to fix it properly:
Time to service it.
Make a mental note of the IP after full service and routinely check it.

Adjustable C-spanner but come in various sizes.
Measure the diameter of your 1st stage first and buy accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up on the manual!

I know but the shipping from Scuba Tools is the same. I asked once if I could just come by and pickup my purchase but sadly their answer was no. :(

Since the spanner is all I need I have to ask, which one on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/SKF-5-6-Hook...eywords=hook+spanner+#6&qid=1615262520&sr=8-3

I can't remember the actual diameter of the first stage but it's a bit less than 2"

Adjustable one
https://www.amazon.com/Eowpower-Chr...eywords=hook+spanner+#6&qid=1615262520&sr=8-4

Readjusting the IP is just a temporary fix. There is only one way to fix it properly:
Time to service it.
Make a mental note of the IP after full service and routinely check it.

Adjustable C-spanner but come in various sizes.
Measure the diameter of your 1st stage first and buy accordingly.
I sure hope not since this first stage only has about 30 dives on it. I just assumed the variation was from the break-in period.

Think I will just bite the mouthpiece and order the one from Scuba Tools. Surely I can find something else I need to go with it... :daydream:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom