Admiralty Dive in St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't give you an opinion on this op. Never used them or heard of them.Try Chris Sawyer. Good op, very well established and very reputable.

Luckyfishrag:
Have you used them before? I am looking for a dive op in St. Thomas.
Thanks,
Lucky

Ditto on Sawyer....do a search on the internet...he has a web site and his op is like a five min equip drag from coki beach a shore dive.

RICHinNC:
Ditto on Sawyer....do a search on the internet...he has a web site and his op is like a five min equip drag from coki beach a shore dive.
Sawyer won't take us as we are cruis ship passengers and they are leaving too early for us on that day - or something like that- so, who is the next runner up?
What to do.....

That surprises me Sawyer said "no". Are going to be in St. Thomas on a Friday by chance?

If you are traveling with a mixed group of divers/non-divers you might all enjoy a morning at Coki Beach.Coki Beach dive club and an inexpensive shore dive(s) could be just the ticket.

If boat diving is what you want, then I would probably go with admiralty. I think they have a 6 pack and will do a 3 tank trip if you are interested.

diveborg:
That surprises me Sawyer said "no". Are going to be in St. Thomas on a Friday by chance?

If you are traveling with a mixed group of divers/non-divers you might all enjoy a morning at Coki Beach.Coki Beach dive club and an inexpensive shore dive(s) could be just the ticket.

If boat diving is what you want, then I would probably go with admiralty. I think they have a 6 pack and will do a 3 tank trip if you are interested.
We will be there on Saturday.
What is the best dive? What is the shore dive from Coki beach like? Will I be missing out on something GREAT if I don't do the boat diving option? Not sure where Admiralty is going to on its boat trips. I haven't called them yet. I will likely book one or the other. I appreciate your opinion. We are novice divers... Not too many under our belts yet - maybe 16 dives for me, 12 for hubby.... Based on this... what is your recommendation? Might be nice to take our snorkeling friend to Coki beach. Is it a pretty nice beach topside?
Thanks,
Lucky

Lucky - We went through the ships excursion, but they used Underwater Safari and we really liked the dive master/boat captain etc.

Luckyfishrag I would recommend Coki for you, especially if you would like to take your snorkeling friend. There are plenty of fish there. It is right next to Coral World and they feed the fish too. The beach itself is pretty nice at Coki too. I don't think you will be missing out on something "great" by not boat diving in St. Thomas. Finally, the price is right for a shore dive. There are also fresh water showers there so you can wash up after diving, head back to the ship for some lunch and have the rest of the afternoon for something else.

diveborg:
Luckyfishrag I would recommend Coki for you, especially if you would like to take your snorkeling friend. There are plenty of fish there. It is right next to Coral World and they feed the fish too. The beach itself is pretty nice at Coki too. I don't think you will be missing out on something "great" by not boat diving in St. Thomas. Finally, the price is right for a shore dive. There are also fresh water showers there so you can wash up after diving, head back to the ship for some lunch and have the rest of the afternoon for something else.

St. Thomas Dive Club at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is quite good and they do a lot of work with cruise ships (St. Thomas in its entirety seems to be mostly geared for cruise ship/tourist diving and less so for serious divers, something that my husband doesn't like about the island). Bolongo has a great beach and good restaurants too, for the non-diver and for rpost-dive relaxing. (Iggies Beach Bar and Grill is terrific). Snorkeling is fair to good. Bolongo is close to town and the cruise ship dockings, and that's important, as traffic can be a bear from the ship landings, so its a quicker trip. If you haven't been there, shopping in St. Thomas is quite good.

Luckyfishrag:
Have you used them before? I am looking for a dive op in St. Thomas.
Thanks,
Lucky
i dove with Admiralty Dive Center a few years ago. all i can remember is that we dove on a six pack boat.remember elkhorn coral and everything seemed o.k.
hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom