Advanced penetration of the Spiegel Grove Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so after reading the feed back where are you at with this plan ?

I probably wouldn't go back and retrieve the line, I'd cut it and leave it there.

I lost three friends on that wreck some years back. They were better trained and had more experience than you. They made a similar mistake with their line planning.

Where and how did they screw up?

Snoopy is on the main deck aft of crews' mess and directly in front of the barber shop / and ship's store.

The barber shop? Do they give a seniors discount?

Thanks for posting the link to the article.

They did a penetration without a reel.

I probably wouldn't go back and retrieve the line, I'd cut it and leave it there.
I would strongly advise not to take 2 others with you through a no light overhead penetration dive. You may feel confidant about it but im suspecting that others are not- dealing with a stressed diver in a silty corridor is getting to the upper end of serious .

upload_2020-11-20_20-41-4.png

Quoting Jim Wyatt doesn't help your case. He is an accomplished cave diver and cave instructor; you have no tech credentials. What he means by a line that is "installed correctly" is rather different that what you might do during a swim-through.

The problem with your dive plan -- which I thought you'd already admitted -- was the installation of the line in the first place, for a one-way swim.
You seem to like well-used aphorisms, so: you can polish a turd as much as you want. but when you are done, all you have is a shiny turd.

The problem with your dive plan -- which I thought you'd already admitted -- was the installation of the line in the first place, for a one-way swim.

Yes exactly. If I didn't mind returning through the same passageway there would be nothing to it.

Back
Top Bottom