Advice for diving at New Caledonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_Girl_09

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip to New Caledonia in October/November. Can anyone point out good dive operators at the main land and/or Iles des Pins.

Where is the best diving in NC according to your opinion? I appreciate any thoughts. Unfortunately there are very limited threads on NC. THX

Check out: Abyss Plongée - Club de plongée en Nouvelle Calédonie - Diving in New Caledonia#! I have't used them but did research them when I was considering a trip there. Friends have used them are were happy with them.

If you are not searching in French try type "plongee en nouvelle caledonie" you'll come up with a number of sites some with multi-language translations or others you'll have to use google or bing translation.

Post a trip report, please!

Hey Dive girl, lived in noumea for a number of years and my choice would be lagoon safaris in nouville Lagoon Safaris, and babou plongee in the north in hienghene which is a beautiful spot out of the water too Babou Ct Ocan Hienghne - Plonge en Nouvelle Caldonie. both have accomodation options close by. babou have their own campsite or you have a good hotel called koulnoue just down the road. very easy to get a couple of good dives in the morning and be back by lunch as the reef is 30-45 minutes from the shore and there are many reserves within the lagoon. ile de pines island is stunning and has some great cave dives, Bienvenue chez Kunie Scuba Center. best way to fly in if you are coming from europe is via japan on www.aircalin.com as they have direct daily flights... bon voyage !

Interested in hearing if you made the trip and what your thoughts were and who you dove with. NC has been on my rada for awhile now

If you are looking for authentic diving, you should definitely try Kuendu Dive Safari. They are in Touho (east coast). Check out their Facebook page (kuendu dive safari) or web site: Kuendu Dive Safari
I had a great, authentic experience with them this year (great spots, with manta rays, authentic nature, not crowded with divers, exotic,...).
You might try also Iatok, in Nouméa. They are good also.

I just got back recently from diving in NC -specifically from Noumea.
I dived both with Abyss Plonge and Amidee dive club. Both use RIB's both use DIN valve steel tanks.
if getting up close with sharks is your thing then I'd say do it. I am I did and I loved it

I just got back recently from diving in NC -specifically from Noumea.
I dived both with Abyss Plonge and Amidee dive club. Both use RIB's both use DIN valve steel tanks.
if getting up close with sharks is your thing then I'd say do it. I am I did and I loved it
Thanks. Do you have photos or videos to share? NC has been in my radar for a long time but still I hesitate to go due to lack or information/photos in the internet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom