Advice needed Dive Cruise Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetfixer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Aloha! Can anyone suggest a 7 day Hawaiian Island Cruise centered around diving? Live aboard? Charter? NCL?

jetfixer:
Aloha! Can anyone suggest a 7 day Hawaiian Island Cruise centered around diving? Live aboard? Charter? NCL?
I did the NCL cruise. While it is not centered itself around diving, you can easily make it so. They had plenty of dive trips going out at each island and I have to say, figuring I'd end up on a cattle boat, they really ran the dives well. I also stayed in Oahu for a few days and while there I went out with Island Divers. It was great, I can't say enough about the trip. Beside the diving, at the time, the Star was the ship and it was beautiful. If you prefer, you can book your own dives, but then you will also be responsible for your own transportation. Good luck, wish I was going

hi oversea,
which islands did you visit and where was the best diving?

Hi Todd,

While I haven't been diving anywhere but Maui, my understanding from things I read from others here is that the Big Island (Hawaii) on the Kona side is best with Maui a close second. Oahu is great for wreck diving, but pales in comparison to Maui & Hawaii otherwise.

Hope that helps,

-kb

I was gonna suggest the Aggressor but Id have to ask why people would pay that much to dive spots you can drive to, for the most part, and not be able to enjoy the land based activites also? Now if they were to cruse the North Hawaiis, Id be there is a second!

I hear ya, Wildcard. I can't say as it would be my first choice, either... but if someone's looking for a liveaboard, then there it is! :)

I think a liveaboard might have other advantages, including reduced risk of theft, etc... but having never experienced it, I'm not certain there, either.

At the price of the agressor I can afford to have a lot of stuff ripped off, even more so since Im inssured! It's not bad most places. Hell, hire Capt Zodiac to take you and your crew out for the day and home at night. I just watch that boat pull up 1/4 mile from a boat ramp and see people paying WAY to much. But thats just me.

I guess it depends on your outlook. For $2400 per person, you get between 20 and 34 dives, seven nights accommodations, and meals for seven days.

Compare this to what you would pay otherwise:
$350 accommodations ($100 per night, split two ways)
$350 meals & snacks
$800 - 1440 (20-36 boat dives, average $40 each)
Total: $1500 - $2140.

Not a bad deal when you consider any added convenience. :)

Condo -$50/night, split $175
food- $350 for the sake of arguement
36 dives in 7 days? Jeep rental $40/day, air $12 for three tanks and drive to the same spots that the agressor goes
Watching from the boat while everyone parties ashore, priceless!

Im just saying it just dosen't apeal to me. If it was going somewhere I couldn't drive to Id be in, in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom