Advice needed on diving Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to join the club and say that Grand Bahama Scuba was an amazing experience for my buddy and I. In fact, the diving was the only aspect we even enjoyed of the trip. Not to rag on the Bahamas or anything, but I guess it just wasn't a very welcoming environment, and we got dealt a crappy hand of cards. Our first mistake was staying at the Island Palm, so anyone planning a trip, do yourselves a favor, and STAY AWAY FROM THE ISLAND PALM "resort" (****-hole).

Anyways, after taking the advice of those in this thread, we are happy to say we would go back to Fred and Melinda in a heart-beat, for they were very kind, helpful, and understanding people. They don't even advertise because they have no need...word of mouth alone is what brings them in their customers. So please do yourselves a favor and dive with them, for not only are they very knowledgeable, but they have a more one-on-one, personal feeling, as opposed to some of the larger, more commercialized dive operations.

Happy diving!

We are going with Grand Bahama scuba and are staying at a bed and breakfast Ann's. All are excited and ready to go! Thanks for all the input (and warnings). Philippines in Feb, Yay. Life is good. Cocview in May, Yay life just keeps getting better. Now if I can just decide between Palau and some reef in the south Pacific whose name exscapes me for the next one

Grand Bahama Scuba and Ann's B&B sounds like a great trip combo! Do you fly into Freeport for this trip? Is it necessary to get rental car to get around?

Yes, we fly into Freeport and then annes will pick us up. We have no plans for a car at this point. Guess I'll have to look around and see what there is to do besides diving our brains out lol.

Anyone know if GB Scuba does the shark dive? I don't specifically see it on their website.
Just thought I'd ask around before emailing Fred.

Back
Top Bottom