Advice on Cayman Brac Beach Resort for a single diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have several couples going in July who are in same place. My wife doesn't dive but I do. Let me know if you are interested in joining us.

Cayman Brac is good diving, I prefer east end grand cayman for the vast massive structures and walls. I always dive solo, dive solo at CCV all the time, other places I just stick with the group. I never dive past 50 feet anymore because I have learned you cant really depend on buddies unless you are attached to the hip, most of the time your buddy is out of reach if something really were to go wrong... you might be able to reach them if you can hold your breath for a long time.. Solo I stay around 40-50 feet so I can get to the surface slowly if I need to do so. I just play it safe but enjoy my dive so much better when I don't have to watch out for someone else. As a solo diver I have also bailed out several people. You would be shocked at some of the stuff I have seen. People in trouble or people who drop something stop, and the entire group continues on without noticing the person has stopped... soon the group is long gone and there is this lost diver dealing with whatever. I will go help them and calm them down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom