Advice on dive lights for my advanced course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also like D26 a lot. Use 26650 for long runtime but not much bigger than those 18650 lights. My only issue is with the charger for 26650. I can't find one that can take 4 of them at the same time. I don't know why no one is making a decent charget for this.

I also like D26 a lot. Use 26650 for long runtime but not much bigger than those 18650 lights. My only issue is with the charger for 26650. I can't find one that can take 4 of them at the same time. I don't know why no one is making a decent charget for this.

XTAR VP4 PLUS DRAGON Charger

Charge 4 x 32650 at once.

You're welcome. :-D

XTAR VP4 PLUS DRAGON Charger

Charge 4 x 32650 at once.

You're welcome. :-D

Nice found. But it is a bit pricy at $90. I wish Xtar makes something simple like their SP2 ($20 charger) into a SP4, maybe $40 range, then I will get one myself. I don't need those fancy screen with % display or USB power bank features. Still nice find

Nice found. But it is a bit pricy at $90. I wish Xtar makes something simple like their SP2 ($20 charger) into a SP4, maybe $40 range, then I will get one myself. I don't need those fancy screen with % display or USB power bank features. Still nice find

Well then...

Enova GYRFALCON ALL-88 8x Li-Ion + NiMH Charger

Charge 8 x 26650 at once. Only $56.

You're still welcome. ;-)

Personally, I think the "test" capability of the Xtar would make it worth the extra money - if I didn't already a charger with test capability. My Opus BT-C3400 has been doing a great job for me of testing batteries and refreshing batteries that test low. But, it will do 4 x 18650, but only 2 x 26650 or larger.

However, I don't need to test or refresh batteries that often. For dive trips, I have the Gyrfalcon 8 battery charger. The UI is sucky. I keep the instructions with it, so I can refer to them every time I use it. But, it seems to actually do a fine job of the charging. And being able to charge 4x26650 and 4x18650 or 4xAA all at the same time, is very nice when I'm just trying to recharge everything at the end of the day, to be ready for the next day's diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom