Advice on Mexico Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has any of you done Nahoch Nah Chich before? I heard its a dive not to be missed but then I've also heard that to get there is a long hike. Not sure if it is true?

Nohoch is a "wild baker with too much frosting."

It was often our last dive of the trip due to being so shallow. The decorations are mind numbing (at least for my simple mind) -- numerous, huge, varied.

The walk from the parking lot to the water is longer than most of the "main" Centotes but it is an easy walk, great steps, etc. IF you are so inclined, you can lower/raise the gear using their very simple pulley system.

Cool!Thanks peter for the information. would try that out =DD

Nohoch is a "wild baker with too much frosting."

It was often our last dive of the trip due to being so shallow. The decorations are mind numbing (at least for my simple mind) -- numerous, huge, varied.

The walk from the parking lot to the water is longer than most of the "main" Centotes but it is an easy walk, great steps, etc. IF you are so inclined, you can lower/raise the gear using their very simple pulley system.

Has any of you done Nahoch Nah Chich before? I heard its a dive not to be missed but then I've also heard that to get there is a long hike. Not sure if it is true?
Years ago yes you had to hike in from the main Highway and your gear rode the backs of mules. Today you can drive right up to the site. No worse a hike then many of the cenotes though bit of a climb down to the water. Amazing cave system. Swiss cheese at its best.

Thanks!

Years ago yes you had to hike in from the main Highway and your gear rode the backs of mules. Today you can drive right up to the site. No worse a hike then many of the cenotes though bit of a climb down to the water. Amazing cave system. Swiss cheese at its best.

We will be more than glad to help you plan for your diving trip. Check us out at Cave Archives - Blue Life - Blue Life. Blue Life's owner Frank is an amazing cave and technical diving instructor and active cave explorer who can show you some really amazing places you may not be able to find on your own, there is nothing like local knowledge! For more information please email Frank atfrank@bluelife.com. Hope to dive with you soon!

While we're at it, I will second hiring Will from Blue Life. He's a good dude.

Gran Cenote is great. I have a soft spot for Nohoch though. I like my caves cavernous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom