Advice on replacement camera to Fuji F410

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Dear forum,

I've been trying to buy a new camera for a month and can't decide between the various models, your forum has been very helpful so I thought I would ask for advice.

Currently I use a Fuji F410 and an Epoque ES250 auto

I have used this setup and previously a Fuji F401 in the same housing. The strobe was a relatively recent addition.

I generally take most of my shots in the caribbean, but will be travelling to the Maldives at the end of the year, plus I do some UK diving.

I want a new camera that will allow me to get better pictures than I do now of coursse, probably not that hard as the F410 is quite old technology.

I have been looking at the Fuji F30 and also the Olympus SP350.

I've heard that the recycling rate is slow on the SP350, is this a problem. Also the flash won't be true TTL with the olympus, or any other camera, does this really matter, I've coped so far by adjusting power and taking several images to get a reasonable image.

The SP350 housing would also allow me to screw other lenses to the from such as a 0.57? WA lens. The Fuji offers a really high film speed, but I guess you probably will never use this in close up as the quality will degrade and with the strobe not be required.

Any comments or alternative camera options greatly appreciated.

I don'y want something that needs yet another huge bag, so DSLR is out of the frame for now.

Back
Top Bottom