Advice on trucks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys, it's good to hear actual experiences with them vice looking at dealer propaganda. @al248005: I definitely want the diesel, both for the milage and the greater capacity. Plus I can tell my wife it's more environmentally friendly as I can run bio-diesel :D.

Thanks for the advice / review from everyone, and @ DC I'm starting to define what exactly I plan to do with the damn thing.

Michael

Well I happen to like Ford trucks the most part so far. I have owned a few others as well Dodge and Chevy. I have found the Ford to be the most reliable so far but thats just my experience. I currently have a 99 F250 4X4 super cab Superduty 5.4 L gas v8 @ 157000 mi and I just replaced the starter for the first time. It used to be a work truck with a utility body and plow and a 2 yard stainless sander. I have done a lot of work with it in the past pulled a 7000lb skid steer a 9000lb dump trailer. Now its just my personal work truck beach dump runs a little plowing it has a custom flatbed now. I will drive it till it dies. Although I did see a really nice brand new F350 lariat diesel it was so quiet I did a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things on the fender where the diesel emblem was, my next one will be a diesel.

A 3/4 ton truck is a lot of truck for non-commercial purposes. Both 3/4 and 1 ton trucks also ride a lot rougher than 1/2 trucks. That loud diesel engine gets annoying too if you don't need it. Also the cost of routine mainenance is much higher for the diesel engines.

I'd only buy a 1 ton if I was using it to make money. I bought a 1/2 ton because the only thing I pull is a 13' boat on the weekends.

Back
Top Bottom