Advice please 5050 Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fergyjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have been fooling around with my camera on (M) getting comfortable with it.

Question: I notice that when in (A) & (S) modes you can turn down the intensity of the internal flash, why cant I do this in Manual mode?

I noticed anything white or light coloured reflected quite badly, even playing around with the speed & aperture settings had little effect, I thought if I could tone down the flash intensity I could control the light better. I notice that you only have 2 choices with the flash settings, they are slow 1 & slow 2.
Any help appreciated.

I think you can turn down the flash intesity by pressing both buttons on the left side of the camera( the flash button and the +/- button) at the same time and bring the intensity level up (+1, 2, or 3) or down (-1,2, or 3). Hope this is the information you wanted.

What you see on the LCD screen is not what appears on my computer screen.
The pictures that I thought appeared bright in the camera screen were perfect once downloaded onto the computer.

Sorry to bother everyone.

Although my initial question still stands, Can you tone down the flash in (M) mode?

Thanks Stingray,

You got it in one, just tried it, spot on.

Back
Top Bottom