Advise regarding Lembeh/Bunaken/Bangka trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I for one will be gutted if I can't dive Bangka, have done lembeh twice now and would like to incorporate Bangka next time. Murex for sure I think gonna be who I use. I fear for Bangka long term, Chinese mining industries have a lot of power and the Indo gov don't seem to be helping.

We are asking ouserlves this exact same question. It will be our first trip to the Indo Pacific.

We were planning to stay for 2 weeks in Lembeh with NAD but are now having second thoughts. It might be interesting to integrate Bangka in there but I wonder what would be the best way to go about it.

We are asking ouserlves this exact same question. It will be our first trip to the Indo Pacific.

We were planning to stay for 2 weeks in Lembeh with NAD but are now having second thoughts. It might be interesting to integrate Bangka in there but I wonder what would be the best way to go about it.

Not difficult... The operators can help you work that out... At least critters@lembeh was happy to make all the arrangements for us with Murex (but they are family :wink: )... Anyway, years ago, we dived with NAD and 2Fish@Bunaken in 1 trip and the NAD managers helped to coordinate (make calls etc) our transfers to Lembeh to Bunaken, everything was well... Having so many operators in that area actually does facilitate cooperation to make their customers happy imo...

For those who like sharks - Palau, Sipadan, Layang Layang, Maldives (in that order of preference for me)

Luko, we liked the diving at Bangka BUT in late 2012, the Murex Bangka bathroom needed some work & the warm water was intermittent... My bro and sis-in-law went to Manado last year and didn't rave about it, they preferred Bangka but then they went to Pulau Weh (good value for money) and Tubbataha (big stuff)... ;-)

Luko, we liked the diving at Bangka BUT in late 2012, the Murex Bangka bathroom needed some work & the warm water was intermittent... My bro and sis-in-law went to Manado last year and didn't rave about it, they preferred Bangka but then they went to Pulau Weh (good value for money) and Tubbataha (big stuff)... ;-)
Keep in mind Murex is a budget operation where you cannot expect what Gangga will give you for 350USD per night double occupancy. That said for 120 USD full board for 2 pax, I still think Murex Bangka is an amazing value per dollar ratio, I've always had minor issues with shower but all in all I don't think it comes into my appreciation (last times @ Murex bangka august 12 and april 13).

As for Murex Manado, you should go there by yourself (last time april 13), I prefer Bangka of course, but I do like having great macro dives (did you try "City extra"?) with the comfort of eating good meals in Manado downtown (raja sate or wherever, even Murex homemade food is very good).

As for Weh, went in 2011, one of the few places in Indonesia which is not in my re-visit list. Only anthias and green corals, poor macro due to bleaching, uncomfortable accoms, ramadan on top of that.... sorry not my cup of tea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom