Aeris Atmos AI Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My first dive in Aruba I had an issue with my AI -- never had any previous issues. I turned on the tank valve and the computer went through the activation sequence then went to ALT mode and turned off. I never had that problem before, so I had to use a spare reg for the first day of diving. After returning to the condo I removed the battery for 20 minutes. After replacing the battery and reentering the time and date the computer worked fine for the remainder of my vacation - 10 dives in total. Does anyone know what would have caused the AI to go into ALT mode?

Thanks
Bill

I have an Atmos ai and have to say I've never seen ALT mode. I don't think it's in the manual either. The only thing I can think of is it may have had something to do with an x-ray scanner while going through security. I had my watch go into some weird mode from that once, but I was able to get it to reset. You may want to pose the question under the manufacturers sub forum / Aeris.

My Aeris is currently in "flood" mode, but Aeris's customer service is one of the best from my experience.

I never considered the possibility that going through security might have caused the issue. I talked to a member of my local dive club who had the ALT mode on his ai --- they are calling aeris. We'll see what they say.

Bill

Mine just did the ALT mode in a pool check out dive. First time. Leaving ona trip ina couple weeks.

Additional info: I changed the battery about 2 weeks ago, fired up like normal. The old battery was totally dead. Then today it gave teh ALT error and would do anything. While in the pool I messed with it and eventually the pressure gauge worke….but after pushing the main button it stopped and would only go into the dive log.

any other insights?

UGH: couple hours later at home, it fired right up with the standard start up process and beep…
Considering a reset procedure (not removing the battery but following the outlined process in the manual.

Just in case anyone is watching this…
after 2 hours I sparked it up and it was all normal activtion. the manual states if the computer is activated deeper than 4 feet it will shut down after 5 seconds. I am almost certain this is the cause of the issue. the water activation has been hit or miss since day one. But on a real dive I check the tack pressure by activating on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom