Shearwater Perdix AI - Short Battery Life/Battery Drain Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I have been noticing that my 2017 Perdix AI has been going through batteries at an alarming pace lately. I only use Energizer Lithium batteries and I initially thought that my store of such batteries did not survive covid well so I purchased new lithium batteries with long use by date. The last Energizer lithium battery that I used has a use by date of 12 2048. This was installed into my Perdix AI on 23 October. The dive log shows Battery Type Lithium, Battery V (Start) 1.7v, Battery V (End) 1.7v. Subsequent to installing the new battery, I did 11 dives from 23 October until 26 October. My dive log for my last dive shows Battery V (Start) 1.7v, Battery V (End) 1.6v.

I'm doing a pre trip check of my equipment today (13 November), which is 10 days after my last dive and the lithium battery is dead, The Perdix AI will not turn on when the buttons are pressed. However, It works normally when I install a new lithium battery.

Something is causing the battery to drain when it is not in use. It is not AI since I have that turned off. Any ideas?

I'd post this on the Shearwater forum here on Scubaboard and also contact Shearwater to see if may be a known issue.

Reactions: CWK
got a link to your new post? This happened to me buy my computer was in storage for 1 month. Completely dead after sotring for 1 month with the same battery as you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom