Aeris Atmos LX vs. Oceanic Outrigger HLT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TS_eXpeed

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Disregarding any price argument, which one would you straight up prefer? I'm gonna be ordering within 24 hours, and was set on the Atmos LX, but found the Oceanic for a very similar price point and both of them have good reviews.

Anyone have personal experience with either or heard thoughts about others who own them?

For a side note, they are both designed with the back inflate in mind, but also have the side pockets for upright orientation on the surface, so they are the same general style (hybrid).

Thoughts?

Atmos LX
AERALX.jpg

Outrigger HLT
OCNOHLT.jpg

Disregarding any price argument, which one would you straight up prefer? I'm gonna be ordering within 24 hours, and was set on the Atmos LX, but found the Oceanic for a very similar price point and both of them have good reviews.

Anyone have personal experience with either or heard thoughts about others who own them?

For a side note, they are both designed with the back inflate in mind, but also have the side pockets for upright orientation on the surface, so they are the same general style (hybrid).

Thoughts?

I can't speak to the Outrigger, but having dove one of the "older" Atmos LX models for +/- 6 years, I think I can honestly say I really like the way it gives you the best of both worlds with excellent lift.

The latter is especially important to me as an Instructor who sometimes has to support both myself AND a student at the surface.

I also like the number of air dump options: sometimes the BC inflator/deflator is not the easiest or fastest way to get rid of air in the BCD, especially since I find the length of the hose a bit long (for me) on this older version of the Atmos.

BTW, I use this BC both wet & dry.

JMHO,

Thanks! :)

I ended up going ahead and sticking to my original plan. Ordered the Atmos LX. Should be here tomorrow! :D

Back
Top Bottom