Aeris Atmos Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vertaqua

Reaction score
Has anyone used or heard about this reg. Any good or bad opinions would be great.
thanx

I think you might want to double check that reg. I may be wrong, but I think the Aeris Atmos Pro is a dive computer. You might have a little trouble trying to suck air on that thing.

No, Aeris, which started out as just a computer company, now has expanded into a semi-full line dive gear company, and sells regs now too under the Atmos name.

Odd thing is that Aeris is one of the Oceanic companies originally created to sell computers made by Oceanic sister company Pelagic, so you might expect the regs to be rebadged Oceanics, or look like other ROMI (yet another Oceanic sister company, that makes the regs) products but they don't look immediately identifiable as anything else so maybe they are a new design, or are being sourced offshore.

They are being sold MO, with Aeris's blessing apparently, so it may be Oceanic is trying to create a budget line to compete on the low end of the market.

However, the question you should be asking is why would anyone buy a brand new regulator, from a company that just started marketing them, and has very little market presence when there are so many other good regs with known track records to choose from?

Just because a product is new doesn't make it automatically bad. I'm sure there are plenty of regs that have been out for years and still suck. Besides I've always heard good things about Aeris's computers so I would assume they would put the same quality into the rest of there gear no longer how old or new the particular product line is. Furthermore Aeris Atmos Pro is not the only reg I'm lookin at, just one of many.

Back
Top Bottom