Aeris XR2 dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doubib

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was sold an Aeris XR2 dive computer which replaced my Aeris computer I had before. From the 2nd dive on for the next couple of days, the computer registered me in Deco mode which I know I wasnt. Especially the first dive of the next day, the same thing. I checked my settings and they appear to be correct for air. Has anyone had experience with this computer? I am hesitant to dive with this again, because once in Deco mode, it tells me nothing about my dive.

I was sold an Aeris XR2 dive computer which replaced my Aeris computer I had before. From the 2nd dive on for the next couple of days, the computer registered me in Deco mode which I know I wasnt. Especially the first dive of the next day, the same thing. I checked my settings and they appear to be correct for air. Has anyone had experience with this computer? I am hesitant to dive with this again, because once in Deco mode, it tells me nothing about my dive.

I'd take it back to where you got it. Sounds like a software defect. I've used an Aeris ai as a backup computer for years with no problem.

If nothing else, contact the Aeris rep. on SB. Look in the manufacturer section.

Had mine for over 3 years now, bought new, no problems. I agree with divengolf send it back where you got it or contact the Aeris rep.

I love my X2, very simple, no problems in over 100 dives, send it back.

While on Grand Cayman, I had a different problem with my XR2 that I purchased (new) almost 2 years ago. Upon activation, 'ALT' would appear on the screen then the computer would immediately power off.

Once home, I did some research and scoured the manual, I could not find an answer. I called Aeris' shop in San Leandro, CA, talked with a tech and had a reasonable diagnosis over-the-phone. He said to send it in because an altitude sensor went on the fritz between The Bahamas and Cayman Islands.

Because Aeris were to begin inventory and holiday schedule, he encouraged me to ship ASAP; I shipped 12/10. Yesterday morning (12/18), I received a NEW XR2 via UPS. Because my XR2 was <2 years old - with proof of purchase - it was under warranty.

I had only one telephone conversation with an Aeris' tech. The guy seemed a bit hurried BUT VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. He clearly explained the process, gave me an estimate ($) if I could not produce my receipt and followed through exactly as he said he would. Took in my computer but could not fix it; therefore, he sent me a NEW XR2 in return.

I am VERY satisfied with their service. I encourage you to give them a call, but be patient... it's a holiday week.

A possible problem is that if you use a non-air setting the next dive it goes to 50% O2 and will jam you up.

I would vote with MonterayCADiver and for a faulty altitude sensor. Check your NDLs in planning mode to see if you get expected values. If you bought if from a 3rd party, without warranty, you may have no recourse but to discuss the the seller. I've had very good experience with Oceanic regarding their computers just like MonterayCADiver did with Aeris.

Good luck and good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom