Aeris XR2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PToone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, all. I am new to these boards..and to scuba.

I am leaving to Catalina on a liveaboard next week, but I want to do a practice dive here in utah at Bonneville Seabase I have an Aeris XR-2 console computer and I have read the manual twice but I am still scared about trying to use it.

I have some questions and hopefully someone can help me that has had experienced this console.

I just want to know the procedures for using this console. i.e. Plan the dive, when you get out...does it automatically tell you your surface interval, do you have to set it?, then when you want to dive again, do you use another plan, or just hop in and it automatically starts tracking again.

Again, I apologize for my EXTREME ignorance in this, but my LDS wasn't much help as I didn't buy it from them, and the people I bought it from are closed down. Any help to give me the basics of using this would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help, and for the great forum.

Paul

FWIW, I have an XR-2 also. Used only a very few times. I can say that I need to spend a little more time with the book and actual use.
I may suggest if you have not done so, or not much, run through all the set-up procedures and go through the dry usage. I get confused with which button tells me what. As long as I have depth, air pressure, water temp and time quickly available I can work with what is stored. Have you purchased the software?
Bluesman

I have, and I tried to use this system yesterday at Utah's Bonneville SeaBase (www dot seabase dot net) The dive time was screwed up, but it did track the max depth and the air pressure just fine. I started to re-read the manual and it did not offer any insight on what I had screwed up. I did find the ascend and descend rate meter to be very cool, as well as your loading levels.

If I get feeling better, I will be going to Catalina on a liveaboard ship this week where I should get some good use out of this. I'll post here if/when I get this figured out.

I would do everything manually till I got everything on the computer figured out and feel solid using it. Treat the computer as the backup till then. That would be what I would do anyway.

Good suggestion Straegen but the dive is off. I'm very sick this morning and no way I'll get better in time. I'll update once I get it figured out.

I have the XR2 wrist computer.......i would think it's the same. I Am one of those women for whom electronic gadgets ARE NOT INTUITIVE for me, okay?(and my husband would say that's an understatement!!).........and I have no problems with using my XR2. I haven't had it all that long.......have probably used it on thirty-something dives though by now. and many of those were with Nitrox. I find it user friendly. You can email any questions you have to the Aeris manufacturer.........represented here on Scubaboard in the manufacturer section.

I have access to a detailed powerpoint tutorial on the XR1. There will of course be some control differences between the two as the XR1 is a one button computer, but the display and dive functions are all the same. If you think that would be useful send me a PM and I'll send you a copy.

I have an xr2 and reading the manual can be confusing . You have to go over it many times to under stand the computer. That said the xr1 is simple to use. You have alarms that can be set, water activation,set for air or nitrox. Show nitrogen loading during dive. Tells when you ascend to fast. All this info can be overwelming in the beginning. The main thing that it will tell you is depth and how long you can stay at that depth. At end of dive it will count down your 3 min safety stop at 15 to 20 ft. Between dives it will show surface intervals but doesn't show how long a surface interval you will need. Hope this helps. I am still learning myself. It will also show water temp. and max depth. while diving you can get a different display by pushing the top button. If you have any question I'll be glad to help. Hope ypu get to feeling better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom