Afforded a break. Staying near 7MB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will often do a condo exchange and stay at the HI resort. Nice place but on the "wrong side".
FWIW, My wife and I Have always gone with a shop called Divers Down in downtown Georgetown to dive. And you can hang at Racham's right next door for a cold brew and awesome fish and chips afterwards. Unfortunately the diveguide we had always used moved to New Zeland. I credit her for my current love of diving.

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman then you will NOT be on the Seven Mile Beach, you will be on the North Sound

Yes I understood that we would not be staying on 7 mile Beach but we would be close to it. I like the unlimited shore diving aspect of Divetech.

I like the unlimited shore diving aspect of Divetech.
When I dove with DT I used this package: 3 days AM boat diving plus unlimited shore diving. For boat diving it is one of the best dive bargains on the island. As you can see boat diving is expensive on GC. They shuttle you to and from the boat depending on where you are staying and where the boat will be. Your morning is full with boat diving. Have lunch, relax and do some shore diving in the PM.

One more vote for Dive Tech. When I dive with them I feel like I am being treated as a fellow diver, not as a tourist. Some of that may be that it is not a "concierge" style outfit (you are expected to assemble your own equipment), but they are incredibly helpful when needed. And in just a few dives with them, they have volunteered lots of great recommendations and insights as well as helping me sort out assembling some new equipment. We had 8 in their smaller boat this morning and there was plenty of room. We had 8 in their larger boat a few days ago, and there was tons of room. And after you dive grab a bite at VIVO the cafe on site at Lighthouse Pt. (order the lionfish - eat those bad boys up!). And for another good shore site north of SMB, go to Macabuca bar/Sundivers. Good diving, good food.

Back
Top Bottom