Aftermarket Dry suit Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Hi I should be getting my dry suit any day now. I ordered a Bare ATR HD. It comes standard with 1 right thigh pocket. I want to add my own after market pocket on the left thigh. Any recommendations on a good bellowed pocket? What glue should be used? Is glue the only thing needed to make it stay on? Where on the thigh should it be placed? Same exact height as on the right thigh?

Thanks for any help.:D =-)

taat2d once bubbled...
Hi I should be getting my dry suit any day now. I ordered a Bare ATR HD. It comes standard with 1 right thigh pocket. I want to add my own after market pocket on the left thigh. Any recommendations on a good bellowed pocket? What glue should be used? Is glue the only thing needed to make it stay on? Where on the thigh should it be placed? Same exact height as on the right thigh?

Thanks for any help.:D =-)

I have the same drysuit.I ordered a bellow pocket from www.fifthd.com for the left thigh.They suggested E6000 glue to apply the pocket.Luckily they had a few tubes left so i purchased the glue with my pocket.A few months later i replaced the right pocket with another bellow pocket from fifthd.They are nice and have lots of room for your gear.

I had to send my drysuit in for a small leak at the left foot.I figured since it was in for repairs i would add a set of suspenders, relocate the exhaust valve to my forearm, and have the pockets sewed on.The only reason im having the pockets sewed on is to prevent them from peeling later.My pockets have been holding up great with glue alone but just decided to have this done since it is in for a repair.If it wasnt for the suit going in for repair i wouldnt have the pockets sewed on.

Is it that easy that I can do it myself? Not that I'm incompetent, it's just that after spending all that money on a suit I don't want it to looking like gargage trying to put this pocket on myself.

Lal, why did you change the right side pocket? How small is it? Did you find a huge difference as far as room in the 5thD pockets?

Is there any pics of the pockets on 5thD. I can't seem to find the listing for them either.

taat2d once bubbled...
Is it that easy that I can do it myself? Not that I'm incompetent, it's just that after spending all that money on a suit I don't want it to looking like gargage trying to put this pocket on myself.

Lal, why did you change the right side pocket? How small is it? Did you find a huge difference as far as room in the 5thD pockets?

Its not all that hard to do yourself

My reason for changing the pocket is that it sucked...lol.It is kinda on the small side and only expands at the top of the pocket.The bottom doesnt bellow out like the fifthd pockets do.Its ok for smaller items like wet notes and such.One other thing i didnt like about the barepocket is that it used the drysuit leg as it backing.The fifthd pockets come with their own backing lessening wear on the actual drysuit.To me its much easier and cheaper to replace a 30.00 pocket compared to a 1500.00 drysuit.

Yeah lal I DEFINITELY agree on cheap pockets and an expensive dry suit. Much lighter on the pocket (no pun intended):D , for a pocket or to put a hole on your dry suit leg!!

Thanx for the link lal. What are shock cord loops? Is that premade holes to tie on bungee so you can clip off to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom