Aga Full Facemask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vtxkev

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was recently OW certified and got my 1st training on the Aga Fullface the other night in the river. We didnt plan on a night dive but by the time we got all suited up and set up darkness had begun to fall. First thing was first and they had me flood the mask and purge it above water. Then there was a flood under water while staying under and clearing. All went well (better then expected) and we went off for my 1st dive. I wouldnt actually call this a dive as I was teathered off to shore with a tender and I also had a senior diver with me holding on to me as we decended about 5 foot and just swam around in total darkness, feeling and getting used to what it is like.

I must say i was a little uneasy seeing as this was my 6th dive ever and it was in a full facemask, in a river with current and dark. I was however comfortable with the Aga mask and clearing a flooded mask. I am looking forward to getting in the quarry with the Aga mask and just swimming around relaxing getting used to the feel.

Just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

As a psd inst. you should introduce all new skills in a controlled environment (pool). The river at night is not controlled and should something have happened could your department explain (defend) it to your family I think not. Any diver can call any dive any time if he knows it's unsafe. You don't know what you don't know.

BE safe and seek proper safe training, remember you only live once.

Courage through knowledge and skill through training.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar.

As a psd inst. you should introduce all new skills in a controlled environment (pool). The river at night is not controlled and should something have happened could your department explain (defend) it to your family I think not. Any diver can call any dive any time if he knows it's unsafe. You don't know what you don't know.

BE safe and seek proper safe training, remember you only live once.

Courage through knowledge and skill through training.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar.

You know whats funny, it is really hard and I mean really hard for us to find someone to let us use thier pool. Everyone wants money from an unfunded non profit dive team. We are not associated with any fire department and we do not get ANY money from the townships or state. We do what we do because we love it. Also yes I can call the dive at any time, but being 5 feet below the surface when I am 5'' 11" and being teathered off so I can not drift out any further I did not see a reason to call the dive, but again you are correct I could have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom