AGIR dive knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone out there have any AGIR dive knives or know where I can get them? They are no longer bringing them in and the manufacture of the knife is no longer making them in the serrated version unless you buy them in large quantities (>1000 if I remember correctly, might have been larger numbers). Anyways I am looking to pick up one or two as spares, and am unable to find them anywhere, was hoping someone had a lead on one lying around or a retailer who still had some stock in place.

These are quite possibly the best DIR style knife out there and can easily cut through the 3-4" line that ships use, I have cut numerous off the wrecks here in the PNW that drape all over them in 3-4 strokes of the blade. Mind you I tend to sharpen my knives to a razor edge.

Anyways if anyone knows of a source please let me know as I want a few spares for my dive locker.

Thanks

Steve

The deep ideas one is the right one. I just know Agir is not bringing them in anymore, I have talked to Tord personally and was going to buy whatever he had left in stock. Been on the hunt for these for awhile, the gf managed to scoop up my reserve one and I have been scared I would loose mine.

I will talk to them and see if they actually have them in stock.

Thanks

The deep ideas one is the right one. I just know Agir is not bringing them in anymore, I have talked to Tord personally and was going to buy whatever he had left in stock. Been on the hunt for these for awhile, the gf managed to scoop up my reserve one and I have been scared I would loose mine.

I will talk to them and see if they actually have them in stock.

Thanks

OK, let me know. When I've bought stuff from Deepideas in the past I just get them to ship it to my uncle in the UK and he forwards on to me. I'm sure I could swing something if you have no joy elsewhere.

I was the one who scooped up the last stock from Tord. :D I can spare a couple if you have no luck getting from deep ideas.

You guys with your broken steak knives crack me up. How do they help you should you be attacked by a giant squid? :D
It does look interesting however. Cut through 3 inch line.

And he shall appear.
i made a lot of friends here. Met some in person too.
even dived with a few.

Did you get your knifes?

I found a couple of shops here in Norway (and Sweden) that stil have them for sale. Bought a couple myself.

Joachim

Back
Top Bottom