AI Factory Tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DwayneJ

Contributor
Reaction score
On a recent press release from Advanced Instruments, I noted their address as local to me which I thought was pretty cool given I use AI sensors in my rEvo.

I emailed AI asking if it was possible to visit for a factory tour - The Industrial Sales Manager Amie Gavin immediately responded welcoming me anytime.

This morning I stopped by at AI and had a detailed tour of their facility from the construction and testing of their industrial O2 monitors to the specific construction and testing of their O2 sensors.

I learnt a lot about the tolerances in the construction of the O2 sensors as well as raw materials testing and final product testing. Overall I have a much improved understanding of what goes into an O2 sensor and what differentiates the capabilities of various models.

I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to visit AI to do so... Very enlightening!!

Out of respect for their intellectual property, I did not take photos. I captured a picture of Amie Garvin and their sensor display in the front office.

Thanks so much to AI!

Dwayne

photo.jpg

Nice that they give tours. Who sells em' and do they have better specs/longevity than something like Teledyne's ???

X

They are sold globally and are used as a replacement for Teledyne - A bunch of stores sell the AI sensors including my local favorite, Hollywood Divers. Their markets are medical, industrial and speciality sensors for the dive industry.

Add Helium Analytical Industries R22D replacement
Oxygen Sensors for Diving - Dive Gear Express

My interest in AI came from the fact the rEvo OEM cells are AI cells. They also make the OEM sensors for the Titan which are an interesting design... A coax connection but unlike other coax connections, the fragile female end of the coax connector is on the cell and the cell membrane face is flat so that moisture cannot accumulate.

For me personally, I plan to purchase my OEM cells locally as it does not make sense to purchase a cell which has travelled across the country or half way around the world.

Dwayne

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom