Aiieee!!! ScubaDiving mag discovers women!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liberal antidote- it is not diva, but divea, but i do agree with some of ur points!

You can airbrush your butt? :11:
is that a new PADI cert or can I just go do it on me own?

sure, you can try it on your own. but to get that perfect technique -- not to mention the C-card -- you're going to have to buy the book, take the class and do the dives. sorry.....

:dazzler1:

SueMermaid:
You can airbrush your butt? :11:
is that a new PADI cert or can I just go do it on me own?

ooooooh! Sign me up! Where can I buy the book! Does my c-card have a full-length picture on it? Complete with the air brushing?

jrdivagrl:
i think that this article is a little offensive because women are often catorogized into one type of group, skinny pretty and perfect looking and this article is just one more thing that guys do to make us seem completely imperfect. but i dont think that it is that big of a deal bcuz maby they didnt have the ill intentions that some of you got out of this article.

p.s. men are proven to b genetically modified women

<deep sigh>why is it that someone has to take offence to any little thing that someone publishes? No one meant anything at all by it, just leave it for what it is....

Essroc123:
<deep sigh>why is it that someone has to take offence to any little thing that someone publishes? No one meant anything at all by it, just leave it for what it is....

obviously, it's not a "little thing" to some.
what's important to you may not be important to others, and vice-versa.

H2Andy:

True, but it is still frustrating.

i know... it's also frustrating for people who keep trying to talk about a problem
and keep being told "it's no big deal; get over it."

it's no big deal to whom?

or, they are told "it's not a problem at all."

it's not a problem for whom?

usually for the person saying "it's no big deal" or "it's not a problem."

obviously it IS or the other person wouldn't have brought it up.

Essroc123:

No one meant anything at all by it? Oh no, that can't be. Words have meaning. What meaning is open to interpretation by the reader. But if words didn't have meaning -- in this case -- editors of a national magazine wouldn't waste costly reporting/writing time and editorial space on producing and reproducing words. Not when they could put a revenue-generating ad in their place.

And if words really were meaningless, none of us would be sitting at our keyboards spilling them out, airing our own point of view and in some cases trying to convince others that it is the best possible.

********************************************************Originally Posted By H2Andy

Essroc123:
True, but it is still frustrating.....

Asked with curiosity and respect: Why do you get frustrated at other people's right/decision to disagree with something that disturbs them? Is that different than taking offense at something published?

I truly don't understand -- and am not trying to be b*tchy here -- why you don't follow the path you would have others follow: Why not leave these opinions for what they are -- different opinions? Rather than getting frustrated, why not move on?

Sincerely,

Judith

Essroc,
I only know 1 female diver who i look up to as a role model. You being a man may not understand how it is to be a 13 yr old girl in a dive class with all men. Magazines need to advertise to women as much as they do to men! I want to be a "jacquelene Coustea", but it is very hard when I read things and see posts that undermine women. I am a young teenager and I love diving more then anything. I need magazines to have more issues that face women, i need more women divers to look up to! It may not be an issue for you considereing you are a man and your "were/are" surrounded by things for men and people to look up to, but for girls it is way harder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom