Air fill warning for Table Rock Lake!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a very important issue for those who dive the Table Rock Lake area in Branson, Missouri.

Scuba Sports has posted that they have become aware of an operation that has oil in their air and is filling tanks WAY out of hydro and/or vis inspection! Be extremely cautious about where you get your air fills around Table Rock Lake and please report the location of oil contaminated air fills on Table Rock to the board as well as the Army Corps of Engineers station on Table Rock Lake.

Scuba Sports may already know the location of the operation, but many of us do not and NEED to know, especially those who have not been to the area before and will be diving.

http://scuba-sports.com/news.asp

Always be wary of a dive shop that warns you about another dive shop in the area--especially if they don't name which shop may be the problem. This is a general disclaimer, I have no problem with SCUBA Sports and in fact recommend people to them.

Oil in the air is a big problem! It is also a malicious rumor if it is not substantiated. I hope someone follows up on this and discredits the rumor or exposes the violation.

If the competing shop is filling tanks out of visual or hydro they are risking some big liabilities if a problem arises, but this is really no concern of me as a customer. I know my tanks are current, and I check any rentals I use to make sure they are current. You should, too.

theskull

Very true skull. Those folks are really about safety at Scuba Sports.

I'm sure there's a liability issue from one business to another when you publicly name a facility. So that's probably why he didn't post where. But, if one of us had an issue and posted the info to help protect other divers from having an incident, then so be it.

That's why I like this board....varied opinions as well as divers caring about other divers!!

What I found out is that it is not one of the big op's. So it is not State Park Marina if that makes you feel better.

From what I gather it's a small time op that's known for having issues such as not being there when he says he will and other things like that.

just checking to see if there has been any update to this rumor... was doing some research and saw table rock as one of our possible dive sites... can u let us know... thanks...

I heard about this over two years ago. Again, not any of the big ops and can't remember the name of the outfit - it was posted somewhere - maybe not on this board, but I ran across it somewhere. Anyway, my question - is this a continuation from several years back or do we have another outfit more recent?

S. Nagel

I have not ever gotten any bad air around Table Rock, I highly suspect some bad blood (not air) being spilled via the internet. N

nagel:
Anyway, my question - is this a continuation from several years back or do we have another outfit more recent?

Not from several years back, it was from Last year and by now hopefully the issue is resolved. I know personally the source of the information and I believe it was true at that time.

The bad air was not from Scuba Sports or State Park Marina. That leaves one op I didn't mention and I won't say whom, but it's pretty tough to find them. They're also known for not being reliable, i.e. you book a dive trip with them and they just don't show for some reason leaving you high and dry.

As far as I know they're a part time small operation. I don't know that they still have bad air concerns, and for the most part I doubt anybody here has dealt with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom