Air flow from first stage when opening tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't know you have a boat. Why haven't we taken it down to the gulf? :D

He keeps it in a boat house on his private island in the Seychelles.

From the Apeks regulator service manual

17. Reposition the first stage inside the vice and secure it with the connector
(Yoke or DIN) facing straight up. Apply a torque wrench with
a 0.75" box wrench torque adapter (Yoke) or 6mm hex key socket (DIN).
(See Fig. 12.) Tighten the connector to 12 foot-lbs.

Hey couv, do I have to be Cajun to join your club & get the patch?

There does seem to be a lot of variation in that spec with Scubapro being one of the higher values. Even 12 Ft-lb is more than enough to establish the HP seal between the 1st stage body and the retainer. I believe we are seeing higher torque specs there to prevent that connection from loosening with use. The problem, as I understand it, is that it is possible to turn the 1st stage body when it is firmly attached to a tank and loosen that connection. I have no idea what too much is in terms of the strength of those brass threads but I don't think I would want to go much over the Scubapro spec for fear of damaging the connection. The last Mk20 recall was blamed on the overtorquing of that connection.

Hello Kern,

I was in The Coonass Dive Club in the 1980ies in New Orleans. We had 30-40 members at one point and did lots of trips and had great meetings where sometimes we had guest speakers and sometimes a few of us would give a presentation or lecture.

The president was a good friend and dive buddy of mine and was the backbone of the club. Unfortunately one of his children was very ill and my friend could no longer steer the ship. I am very sorry to say no one else stepped up to the plate to take charge and the club fell apart.

My friend was the person who designed that patch, I just ran across it in my cupboard the other day and thought it would make a great avatar.

Couv

From the Apeks regulator service manual

17. Reposition the first stage inside the vice and secure it with the connector
(Yoke or DIN) facing straight up. Apply a torque wrench with
a 0.75" box wrench torque adapter (Yoke) or 6mm hex key socket (DIN).
(See Fig. 12.) Tighten the connector to 12 foot-lbs.

Hey couv, do I have to be Cajun to join your club & get the patch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom