Air in suit and DON'T TOUCH OCEAN LIFE...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry all for the delayed response.

Yes it was air going from my hood to my suit. The first time I felt something on my back when I hit the surface but figured nothing of it. I do have vents on the top but they don't stop all the air. I keep my waist tight and top a little on the lose side, however; my wet suit is TIGHT so its hard to believe that air gets in there but it does manage it (I just tested to make sure). I say to never tuck your hood into your suit because if it was on the outside the air would have escaped. The reason I said I should have disconnected the LP was because I thought at first I had a BC problem.

As far as the air vents I do know where all of them are and have practiced using them all. The one on my back bottom is the one I practice with the most becouse my feet tend to be the highest point when I am underwater. My feet are SUPER FLOATERS they are always facing the surface when I am not in motion. Its kinda nice for looking underthings. I know I could wear weights on my feet but I don't really wont this problem to go away. It does cause some resistance probably causing a little extra air consumption but that's OK with me.

I also think this is why the vents don't work as well on my hood. The air is not all getting to the vents and is being forced up my suit.

I am not trying to tell you all that you are wrong...and that your views don't matter because I am not nor would I do this. I appropriate your views and hope you keep giving them freely because that is how we all learn.

Thank you all that responded with their thoughts, and views on the subject because we can all learn from them.

I think Lynne is spot on about trapped air in your BC or your lungs were full. When I dive wet, I always tuck my hood in the suit - no trapped air pockets. Besides, it would be very difficult to trap enough air inside my wetsuit to cause any sort of uncontrolled assent.

Learn to go head down and kick, roll in such a way to put the bottom air dump up, one arm at your side the other reaching and pulling the dump valve. Fully exhale - (slowly count to 5). Any trapped air in your suit will exit the legs or arm.

You already know about touching our Pacific Electric Rays - and anything else. :wink:

I think Lynne is spot on about trapped air in your BC or your lungs were full. When I dive wet, I always tuck my hood in the suit - no trapped air pockets. Besides, it would be very difficult to trap enough air inside my wetsuit to cause any sort of uncontrolled assent.

Learn to go head down and kick, roll in such a way to put the bottom air dump up, one arm at your side the other reaching and pulling the dump valve. Fully exhale - (slowly count to 5). Any trapped air in your suit will exit the legs or arm.

You already know about touching our Pacific Electric Rays - and anything else. :wink:

I again did test the thought and air does seem to get trapped and I have tested this and am able to recreate the incident.

Yes as you state I already know about touching rays but what about the Pacific Ladies are they safe to touch?......Or do they shock you also.....Oh wait I already know the answer to this never mind.:crafty:

...my feet tend to be the highest point when I am underwater. My feet are SUPER FLOATERS they are always facing the surface when I am not in motion. Its kinda nice for looking underthings. I know I could wear weights on my feet but I don't really wont this problem to go away.
I wonder if your personal problems could be connected to this? If your feet tend to be high above your body...
Air getting caught in your hood may pass by holes to quickly to escape?

Air may enter your suit more readily than it does for others?

And/or air may also be more difficult to release from your BC?​
Not having seen your BC or you in the water, I'm just speculating. Does the problem happen if you leave the hood out of your suit?

If you touch anything or anyone in the water, you're on your own there. :D

Again my BC is fine works wonderful. I don't normally wear hoods so this normally isn't a "Personal Problem" LOL

I can tell you about my personal problems if you have a few hours? J/K I had to laugh at the way you said personal problems.

I can keep my legs down if I concentrate on it. I have had to learn to do this when I descend and was actual a little difficult at first. Like I said before my feet facing the surface has its advantages.

When I am swimming I tend to leave out with very little problems and I can actualy put my feet down standing still if I choice so they are not too much more Boycey.

TOUCHY TOUCHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom