Air Tags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This kind of leads to my question. Has anyone had an experience of knowing before takeoff that your bags weren’t in the plane, and were you able to take some type of action before the plane left?
I think they're 100% worth the investment, but there is little action you can take other than preparation.

On our return home from Indonesia (Manado) we connected Singapore--JFK--BOS. We had 3 AirTag equipped gear bags. At JFK we transferred our gear bags from Singapore Airlines to JetBlue. Using the app we saw 2 of the 3 move from one terminal to the other and get loaded on our flight. When we landed, the 3rd was still at the Singapore Airlines desk. Not a big deal; they arrived the next day. Had the incident occurred on the other way, I would have been able to contact our resort and arrange for rental gear and/or figure out how to arrange a courier to bring the bags from airport to the hotel. Again, not the end of the world.
That's why I always build in a couple or three days on the front end of a LOB trip. Gives me a chance to spend some time relaxing and sampling the local fare when things go right or, when they don't, a buffer to try like heck to get my bag before the boat leaves.
+1 on this. I'm often shocked that my destination has beautiful sites ABOVE the water too. :cool:

Some idiots go completely overboard with this stuff.

IMG_5283.png

For redundancy's sake you may want to double those up just in case. What if one malfunctions or the battery dies?

Lexus Key
Lexus Key Backup

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom