Air2 AND octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the responses and perspectives! Awesome to know others have the same configuration.

I have both. if one alternate is good...2 is better.

Jay

Do not buy an AIR 2.
Would you care to elaborate?

Some people think very egocentrically. If one of those people happens to be a diver and they don't particularly like a piece of gear for whatever arbitrary reason they tend to make blanket statements such as "these things are terrible" or "don't buy one". Not because of any good reason, just because in their head they have made the decision that the product simply should not be used by anyone because they don't like it. In this particular case, the topic of discussion is an Air2, and other BCD regulators that are used by many, many divers including myself that are produced by well known, quality dive gear manufacturers, and they are an excellent way to streamline your rig and can work as well as a traditional octopus as long as the diver who carries it knows how to use it and any buddies are aware they will be given the divers primary regulator in the case of an air sharing situation.

I have both. if one alternate is good...2 is better. Jay

It's just another way for gas to leak out of the tank in the case of a freeflow or hose failure.

Some people think very egocentrically. If one of those people happens to be a diver and they don't particularly like a piece of gear for whatever arbitrary reason they tend to make blanket statements such as "these things are terrible" or "don't buy one". Not because of any good reason, just because in their head they have made the decision that the product simply should not be used by anyone because they don't like it. In this particular case, the topic of discussion is an Air2, and other BCD regulators that are used by many, many divers including myself that are produced by well known, quality dive gear manufacturers, and they are an excellent way to streamline your rig and can work as well as a traditional octopus as long as the diver who carries it knows how to use it and any buddies are aware they will be given the divers primary regulator in the case of an air sharing situation.

It's just another way for gas to leak out of the tank in the case of a freeflow or hose failure.
Are you calling someone who is trying to help others divers not buy unnecessary gear that can fail and has (can) numerous problems with it in the past egocentric? Maybe you’re egocentric?

And contrary to what your post describes, there are reasons why they’re not good, I just didn’t feel the need to elaborate as they can be easily found online and through quality dive training.

It is not a blanket statement to say that one specific product should not be bought. I never said it was a bad product but it’s just unndecessary and not optimal for proper gas sharing scenarios.

It’s not from my own opinion it’s about facts. All you people get very hurt when very few words are spoken about something that isn’t even remotely close to themselves personally.

Back
Top Bottom