AIR2 and the long hose...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Long hose twice around the neck -- bad deal -- I'd strongly advise against this.

2. I am not an Air2 fan but have done a number of dives with them. I do not see any good reason to add swivels for sharing - just S the hose.

3. I personally prefer to have a real regulator for emergencies. I dive with either a standard config (teaching), or with a long hose / necklace (diving).

4. The Primary, Octo, and Air2 for teaching is a fine idea. A number of our instructors use this configuration.

Chad Carney:
I agree with Stan Waterman; he once said, "If my buddy were abducted by aliens, I'd never even notice."
Remind me to never go diving with Stan Waterman!

archman:
Remind me to never go diving with Stan Waterman!

I forget what magazine quoted several notable photogs...they all said nearly the same thing, just not quite as eloquently as Stan.

I can relate, even good divers often botch the natural marine life action occurring.
When I shoot pics or video I like to use models so it's actually my most social underwater activity.

Chad

archman:
In fact I ended up wrapping the hose around my neck twice... I've never had to share air except in training sessions, and even then I haven't tried it with the long-hose configuration.
You might want to try this with your current setup. I could be wrong, but I doubt it will go well...

OneBrightGator:
Fortunately that post illuminated two people I will never go diving with...

Awe come on OBG, you're an Instructor and you expect me to believe you've never gone solo?

How about the cliche' explanation: "every class you teach is solo diving with X number of handicaps a solo diver avoids?"

I'd spit nails to dive with Stan!

Chad

(Or is it because my gear smells like fish?)

wrapped twice around the neck, do you go clockwise or counterclockwise?

Want to make sure I do this right...

cyklon_300:
wrapped twice around the neck, do you go clockwise or counterclockwise?
counterclockwise... it's less awkward that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom