Air3 on BP/W setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DIR way is optimal for DIR divers.

Imagine you have a long hose wrapped about your body and some OOA vacation diver comes thrashing toward you from behind and yanks the regulator from your mouth. Do you think that you will have time to untangle that hose or will that hose now choke you to death?

Seems to me when you dip your chin down to get your bungee'd backup the long hose would just slide over your head and deploy itself in that situation.

The DIR way is optimal for DIR divers.

Imagine you have a long hose wrapped about your body and some OOA vacation diver comes thrashing toward you from behind and yanks the regulator from your mouth. Do you think that you will have time to untangle that hose or will that hose now choke you to death?
DIR system is designed exactly so that a panicked diver can rip the reg out of your mouth without warning, and this will not cause you to miss a breath.
If you ever come to Florida, I'd be happy to show you how improbable it would be for an OOA issue to be anything but simple and easy to fix.
Regards,
DanV

Last edited:
Seems to me when you dip your chin down to get your bungee'd backup the long hose would just slide over your head and deploy itself in that situation.

Depends on which angle the OOA diver yanks the regulator from.

The long hose no worse than a regular hose as far as getting "choked".

Lets be real, you're in the water and can move in 3 dimensions. Getting strangled with any hose is not going to happen, its a silly thing to even talk about.

DIR divers probably won't have a problem. Divers diving DIR config probably will.
The only thing you should have wrapped around your neck is women's arms
Or mens, that preferably are not divers.
Where do all these OOA divers hang out?
I know!:lightbulb:
In a circle willing Murphy upon themselves.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Maybe if you actually TRIED a long hose, and had some experience, you wouldn't need to make this stuff up.

Do you have any shred of evidence that anything even resembling this scenario has ever happened, despite the many many thousands of dives that have been completed with a long hose?

I didn't think so. :shakehead:

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Maybe if you actually TRIED a long hose, and had some experience, you wouldn't need to make this stuff up.

Do you have any shred of evidence that anything even resembling this scenario has ever happened, despite the many many thousands of dives that have been completed with a long hose?

I didn't think so. :shakehead:

Rightttt....thousands of divers who don't use the long hose/short hose configuration are dying every year.:shakehead:

And yeah, you're also right. I've never used the long hose/short hose setup before either. :shakehead:

IMG_6459.jpg

Wat? No one said anyone is dying from not using the long hose. People are saying that it doesn't "choke you to death" when you can't "untangle" the hose. People are calling shenanigans on your post.

Cute pic btw.

Yeah. Nice pic. Thats what I was gonna say?

But is it to much to ask that you might trade in the SS1 and buy your buddy some regs. Huh.

..at the risk of starting a controversy, an AIR 2 ...or 3 ...or 17 ...or whatever, is the type of thing you buy if you want to LOOK like you're ready for an OOA situation, but never have any real intention or plan of actually having to deal with a real OOA situation.

Hardly.

If they were so bad, we'd have heard about it.

While I no longer use one, most of my rec buddies do. Two of them have used them.

Same old crap.

Back
Top Bottom