Airbrushed Airtanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a DOT regulation to "fail tanks that have been painted".
Sorry, but that is a complete line of XY chromosomed bovine fecal matter.NO recreational diver is subject to DOT regulations at any time for their scuba tanks.
You may want to be wary.My LDS tells me that tanks with altered finishes will fail VIP.Don't know for sure, But I quit looking at that point. He is MY LDS.
He is just making more work for himself and an excuse to make more money (by charging for this labor). No painted tank will fail VIP because of the paint. The proof is simple; the number of painted tanks you see diving. If paint made them fail, every factory-painted tank would fail.
The R2D2 is cool. I want to cover up my LP 75.5 Sidemount tanks. They have ugly scubapro logos painted on them now. Bought em used. I want to do them up like engine nacelles on a starship.
That would be cool. Make sure they get the warp flash included.

Ooh! Startrek warp nacelles would be cool. Wish I had checked here before painting my latest tank. I went with an Ironman/Agents of SHIELD look instead. Perhaps on my next one.
Shield Tank.jpgStark tank 2.jpg

It is a DOT regulation to "fail tanks that have been painted". The reason for it is the fear that the paint was baked on which would alter the chemistry of the alloy due to heat. An other DOT regulation is to "remove during VIP any foreign material that could hide corrosion". This includes ANY paint or stickers. Sorry dude.

You have a very generic statement. So based on this, all Faber Steel tanks would fail because they are painted white.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom