Airfare prices to Roatan from Dallas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is_907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone give me some insight into average or "normal" prices for airfare to Roatan from Dallas or an equivalent city?

I'm finding Delta and United for $878 per person with a stop in Houston.
We're traveling July 2nd and returning on the 9th of 2016. 4 adults, 3 kids, and 1 infant (so 7 ticketed passengers.)

Can anyone give me some insight into average or "normal" prices for airfare to Roatan from Dallas or an equivalent city? I'm finding Delta and United for $878 per person with a stop in Houston. We're traveling July 2nd and returning on the 9th of 2016. 4 adults, 3 kids, and 1 infant (so 7 ticketed passengers.)

That looks like the current price but it may go down if you wait awhile. Can you use air miles to help reduce the costs? You still have time, we used Capital One Rewards Visa (with the purchase eraser option) to cover both of our roundtrip airfares from Chicago to Grand Cayman and Little Cayman. Of course, Cayman is a cheaper air destination than Roatan but maybe you can get some relief that way.

Prices took a $200 jump in May. We found it was cheeper to fly from Jacksonville rather than drive for 5 hours to fly direct from Atalanta. Still have to lay over in ATL but the prices were $100 cheeper. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought RT from Houston to RTB a month ago for $602 each. They have gone up since then, I think because United has cut back flights there to Saturday only. Off season coming on, ya know. Going to Utila in 2 weeks, can't wait!

It's not much help, but $845 is the best I'm seeing. I only expanded the shortest flights, figuring with kids that would be optimal.

Capture.jpg

You aren't going until next summer. Don't buy tickets yet. The price for late spring and summer usually goes down around mid-february. Start watching for flight prices in January.

I delegated Roatan Charters to get the best prices. Have used them successfully for the last 15 years. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren't going until next summer. Don't buy tickets yet. The price for late spring and summer usually goes down around mid-february. Start watching for flight prices in January.

That's basically what I"m looking for. I needed to know if it's as cheap as it'll get now or if they'll drop in Jan/Feb. :wink:

That's basically what I"m looking for. I needed to know if it's as cheap as it'll get now or if they'll drop in Jan/Feb. :wink:

I bought my tickets the first of May for a trip the first part of August. I got a really good deal (I think) on United from DFW with stopover in Houston for $253 after taxes. Now that was one way but I bought that and came back on my AA miles. Just keep an eye out periodically and you'll find some good deals. Sometimes you and mix and match different carriers and come out pretty cheap.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom