Akona Roller Bag Corrosion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmcdanie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Many divers have the Akona Roller bag and many most likely are seeing corrosion of the inside rails. Both rails on my bag started to corrode over a year ago and I just laid a towel down to keep my gear off of it. The rails have gotten so bad I finally decided to do something permanent about it. I filled the corroded rails with spay foam and sprayed the rails with spray rubber. If you have done something to address the issue with your bag please let us know.
Mark

I only did an after picture since making this post was an after thought. :D

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 60
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57
I do not think those are actually meant to be used on a dive boat. I carry a mesh bag for toting my equipment to and from the boat. The roller bag is only for transport to and from destination on the airline. The airline will kill mine long before corrosion.

N

Agreed, however I see them being used for diving all the time, both boat and shore. It's amazing to me that Akona would not make them more resistant to being used in this fashion. Now I can use mine for both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom