AKR Nov 7th-14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiva729

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Booked a trip to AKR Nov 7-14 with best friend. Wondering if anyone else is going during this time. I have read and know that we are traveling during the rainy season, but hoping for the best! We are prepared for rain, and just going in knowing it might be a little wet. Wondering if anyone knows if ziplining still occurs during the rain? Just trying to be prepared in case diving doesn't go. At least with AKR they have the capability to move around the island based on the weather.

Hi, we have been to Roatan the last two years in November. Our first trip the weather was perfect and the last it was rainy some days but not enough to ruin our vacation. We ziplined last year at Mayan Eden and it lightly rained but it was a blast! We did an Island tour that day and it rained off and on but we didn't let it ruin our day:) We haven't stayed at AKR but have been there a couple of times and it looks amazing! They also have a small museum that is really interesting to visit. Have a great time!

I have been to AKR in 2012 for two weeks with my college doing some coral reef research, so my knowledge of the area is pretty good. This time I am excited to not have to be focusing on just one thing while diving (we were studying cleaning station behavior and were solely looking for cleaning stations). I am hoping to still have decent diving even if it is a little rainy. In this day and age no matter where you go the weather can be so unpredictable, just hoping for some good days diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom