Aladin 2G: constantly freezes, unable to set, etc. (and its not only my piece)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d!ve

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey guys,

i recently bought an aladin 2g computer, because i just started using 2 gases more and more regularly.
but i use it also for "normal" nitrox dives, e.g. nitrox courses or just guidings.

it already happened sometimes before, but today in the morning it destroyed my whole dive, including upset guests.

problem description:
- the computer displays only some info (see photo attached/post it later) and pushing the buttons doesnt have
any effect (except the background light can be turned on)
- sometimes, after a while, it gets back to normal and can be set
- today in the morning i couldnt set it and i had to jump, diving only on air mode. underwater it started to work properly (at around 2m depth) so i went up again, to see if i can change to nitrox now. it was _not_ possible

so now, i could think i got a defect piece of computer

BUT

i dive a lot with another instructor on the island who has exactly the same problem (with the same brand new computer):
- in fact and additionally to that: his former aladin 2g didnt show anything anymore, even after replacing the battery. he sent it back to scubapro and they just said "thats a software problem, no warranty, sorry" (which in it self is actually fraud, because the software is also from scubapro, what do i have to do with that?!)

he bought the same computer again and now the problems start again, with HIS, MINE and one of our guests reports the same problem!

i didnt find any open topics about this issue online, via google, different international and national forums. but judging by this strange coincident, that we are actually 3 random people, with absolutely the same problem, this cannot be bad luck and i am actually worried about how scubapro might treat me, when my aladin 2g wont work anymore.

on top of that i cannot rely on it anymore, even on my fun-dives.

so, i would like to have a statement regarding that issue by a scubapro employee.
i just cannot imagine that such a prestige and big company treats its relying customers that way.

thanks

I have the exactly the same problem. Removing the battery does not help. I will send mine back. Here in Germany you have two years of warranty. Lets see if the store I bought it will replace it or send to Scubapro for repair. I will report back here on what happens.

Yikes. I dive the 2G and have not had these problems. The only problem I do have is that with my aging eyes the screen is hard to read. I do carry a second computer which I can easily read and use the download from the 2G for my permant dive log.

I had an Aladin 2G which refused to turn on after 4 months and about 40 dives, battery replacement did not rectify the problem. I had purchased it from Leisure Pro who promptly sent me a new one upon returning the defective one. This was about a year ago and I've had no issues with the new one which is used either recreational or as a back up depth guage and timer. One would think that with Scuba Pro's status in the dive industry, that they would stand behind their products. I hope they solve your issue with customer satisfaction as their goal.

This is not a known issue with the Aladin 2G and the description of the failure is not clear so please bring to your LDS for inspection and ultimate shipment to SCUBAPRO to inspect and follow up on warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom