Alaska wet suit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwsf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, New here so I may have this in the wrong place. I dive in AK and have a Viking drysuit for my regular dives. But I also commercial fish for a living and a quick dive under the hull to get some web out of the prop is common. I have been looking at a wet suit for something easy to doan and less care than the viking. Water temp about 50f. 7mm wet suit, 8mm semi-dry like Hollis offers, or a hooded 7mm farmer john set like the ones offered by tommyd? Looking for opinions and any personal experience. Thanks.

I get under boats myself in Norcal, the water is in the high 40's to low 50's so it's comparable.
I just use a cheapo 7 mil full suit with a hooded vest. It's not like you are going to go deep so crushing isn't a factor.
I should be plenty warm enough for what you're going to do.

Thanks Eric, I was thinking along the same lines. What is topping my list is the hooded farmer john from tommyd. $149.00 isn't much to tie up in a suit if it gets abused your not.

Exactly Swimmer. I was thinking this would be a nice choice for shorter dives. There is also the choice of a full suit with a hooded vest. I think I will try the farmer johns and get a full suit later if this is still too cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom