Trick to removing Hollis Neotek 8/7/6 semidry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eeh

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got a Hollis Neotek semidry suit for diving in Monterey, and while I really enjoy it, and find it easy to put on, I have so far been entirely unable to remove it without assistance. This suit, for reference: NEOTEK 8/7/6 V2 SEMI-DRY - Hollis. Specifically, I cannot pull the attached hood up and back over my head, no matter what I try. I don't think I have a suit too small or anything like that, as everything else fits great, and getting it on is no problem. I'm just wondering if there's some trick anyone is familiar with to pull that hood back over my head. I've tried a few different head positions, like hunched forward or stretched back, but it hasn't mattered. I simply cannot get the bottom part of the hood back up over my forehead! Thanks!

@johndiver999 Oh that's actually a great suggestion... I already have baby shampoo with me on the dives. Can't believe I didn't think of that!

I have that same suit but haven't dove it in nearly a year. All of my don/doff was solo. Ensure the zip is fully open, grab the hood near your lower jaw and pull up while tucking your chin. It helps to have a full breath of air for the moment that your mouth and nose is covered lol. Once past my mouth I readjust my hands to get a better grip on the hood and pull a bit further while tucking my head. I don't remember if I ever pushed from inside the suit to clear my head but that may be an option as well.

The best option and fix for this problem is to get a drysuit from Seaskin and use a detached hood...

Back
Top Bottom