Alberta Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabella

Reaction score
Which 'club' forum are the Alberta divers in? Looks like I'll probably be out there all next summer. I'd like to ask some questions, maybe find a bud or two in advance.

Aquabella once bubbled...
Which 'club' forum are the Alberta divers in? Looks like I'll probably be out there all next summer. I'd like to ask some questions, maybe find a bud or two in advance.

None...

I feel sorry for you....

Fire away.....

You just did. :)

Awww...

me too, can't be that bad can it?

I here there is this underwater town? That sounds cool...

Yesss...alright! weekends good for u?:mean:

Paula

Awww...

me too, can't be that bad can it?

I here there is this underwater town? That sounds cool...

Yesss...alright! weekends good for u?:mean:

Paula

Its not too bad.

Underwater town/dam - Lake Minnewanka, Banff

Wrecks - 1 in Waterton, another in Jasper (Lake Patrica)

What area of Alberta are you going to?

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I've never dove Lake Minnewanka, but I'd like to. But you know - it is glacial fed. :wacko:

Yea Boogie...raz me some more now that you have that purdy new drysuit and you know I'm still...well...NEEDING ONE!!!!

Come on out drysuit weenie! I'd be fun.

I'll be in the lovely town of Vermillion...I know, I know! How far is the diving from there?

As the Crow flys, you are ~150 km's away from Cold Lake. There are lots of dive sites on that lake but it is not a straight drive...so a guess would be 2-2.5 hrs to Cold Lake.

The next closest lake where there is lots of diving is Twin Lake. Which would be about ~3 hr drive.

The National parks.

~5 hrs to Jasper
~6 hrs to Banff

Sorry, but Alberta covers alot of area.

A Drysuit is a good thing.

Banff has one very interesting lake (Minny)
Jasper has more lakes to pick from.

And they are all cold.

Jeff

hmmm...looks like I's going to need some wheels...don't suppose they have any of those bus things around there would they? har har.

All do-able though. You have to drive to dive around here too. Pack up friday night and drive...camp all weekend.

I don't know if I'll be dry by then or not..we'll see. Won't keep me out of the water anyway.

Doesn't it get stinking hot out there in the summer?

Do you head out to BC much? On like a long weekend thing?

All do-able though. You have to drive to dive around here too. Pack up friday night and drive...camp all weekend.

I don't know if I'll be dry by then or not..we'll see. Won't keep me out of the water anyway.

Doesn't it get stinking hot out there in the summer?

Do you head out to BC much? On like a long weekend thing?
Ha....Cat said the same thing. "I dive in my wet suit and I don't get cold.....blah...blah...blah"

She froze at Twin :) (water temps low 40's F)

Summer...Hot? not really, we don't get the humidity so when its 28C its great.

I try to get out to BC at least twice a year. I'm going to God's Pocket next May and I will be looking at another trip later in summer.

Later
Jeff
(Off to my XMas Party :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom