Alberta Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops...sorry for the late reply...dang 12 hr shifts...

Thanks for the info guys... I'll start bugging you a little closer to the date and maybe we can get out a bit.

Cept for cat...we'll have to see if she's off 'out and about' again:)

Oh! and welcome to the forum Andre!

Paula

here's something for you....

www.mossmanscubaventures.com

I've never been to Alberta, but these ladies and gentlemen are based out there. They'll be able to put you onto all the good spots out that way, great folks, lots of knowledge. Good information on the site as well, pics, trips and the like. You'll find people to dive with at all levels, right up to hard core technical, they're really good for advice and whatnot. Hope this helps....

chris

You'd probably need a long weekend to tour the mountain parks AND dive em. Theres alot to do and see plus the diving is good too. Vermillion is quite a drive from Banff and Waterton however as Jeff said. BC is even further. I'd try to do a few days there if you could... Perhaps a grad present to yourself?

Don't worry though. We'll get you out of Vermillion! I would hate to know that someone I knew had to spend the whole summer there!

mark

Aquabella,

Alberta is just to cold to dive. Forget about it. Head south to Florida or Mexico.

Nah, just kidding. If you are going to be in the area, you really should make a week of it and do a tour of Jasper and Banff, diving along the way.

Have Fun,
Dennis

Hey you can always do fossil hunting in the North and South Saskatchewan Rivers or maybe the Bow or Elbow Rivers. Low viz at it's best. Dive Fast by Brail. Cool almost a Totaly Canadian Thread eh!

fooks:
Diving in minny with a wet suit isnt all that bad. Ive been diving out there for 3 years and the only time I dive dry in minny is at the end in October November. Hope you can make it out.
Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should:)

GDI:
:doctor: Believe it not there is even diving in Cold Lake.

Hey, I think I'm offended. Of course there's diving in Cold Lake. We even have an underwater navigation course. I'm just putting together a website for our club up here, should have it done shortly. Right now isn't the best time though, as the lake is iced over but not thick enough to drive on safely.

Aquabella If you're looking for info on Alberta dive clubs a good place to start might be the Alberta Underwater Council:

http://www.albertaunderwatercouncil.com/

As well as showing some of the Alberta dive clubs, the calander will tell you some of the events that we hold out here, although they haven't updated for the '04 season yet. Somewhere or somewhen in particular you are looking to get wet?

You can even go for a dive in West Edmonton Mall if you want something a little different, although that's gotten pricey lately.

Back
Top Bottom