Aldora Divers Review: Two Tank Solo New Diver Experience Coming off a Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And no...I'm not looking for compensation. I was looking for a simple apology or acknowledgement that the requested service I asked for wasn't provided.

What are you saying Dave? All I've (and everyone on this board) has ever heard from you is how Aldora strives to place divers on boats with other divers of similar experience. If this diver had been reading your posts here for years he absolutely should have been certain he would be placed on a boat with other divers of comparable experience.

That weird buddy breathing practice with the DM in his group to maximize everyone's dive times is also again mentioned which I absolutely do not agree with but that is just me.

Everyone here knows Aldora is in the "top 10" and you run a highly regarded dive op but your response to this diver was a contradiction to what you've stated Aldora is about over and over. A prudent businessman with a business such as yours would refund his $ immediately and be done with it before it ever made it to Scubaboard.

I agree that ~40 dives (which the OP has) and brand new (the divers they dived with) is a big difference...At least, it definitely was for me when I compare my comfort level, trim, SAC rate, etc. from ~40 dives to when I was brand spanking new. To be fair to Aldora, it may not have been possible to divide up the diving into so many boats and groups that day, either because there were not enough boats/DMs/customers, etc. or it was not a feasible business decision financially.

I'm on team OP for this one.

Dude asked for a private guide, confirmed multiple times, did not receive what he requested, and got no explanation. He wrote a fair review.

He followed up privately and got no response. Came here and shared his experience.

Ggunn:
First of all I didn't know Dave was the owner of Aldora or how active he was on the site. And that should not matter. I actually posted it because when I was searching for dive operators in Cozumel that catered to cruise ship divers AND who were traveling solo I personally found it difficult to find a reputable one. I posted it in case others were in search for something similar like I was.

Aldora allowed a solo diver, offered private DMs and offered dives for cruise ship divers.

Plenty of individuals post reviews of various items on this site from gear to locations to dive operators. I was unware Dave was so active on the site. You can clearly see I don't have many posts on this site. My intention was merely to share an experience like so many people do on this site. And, my review was more than fair. It started off and ended with praising Aldora. I wrote about an experience I had with facts and the very email I sent to Aldora. I didn't say I'd never use them again. I didn't say they were terrible. I even wrote it was a TINY thing.

Would I have posted my review on this site if Aldora had made right and apologized or even acknowledged the inability to provide the requested private DM? Likely not OR it would have had a statement about how it was not ideal, but I, as a customer, felt cared about. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. That seems more than reasonable.

Like so many on this site Ggunn I wrote a review about a dive experience I had.

If Scubaboard was only about singing the praises and cheer leading their pet dive ops, yet lacking emotional maturity and intellect to accept some not so flattering details of another individual's experience, it would be the end of my days on this forum. Aldora has a loyal following on this forum, so understandably, some posters may feel the need to play Devils Advocate, or defend Aldora, which is fair. However, I cannot stand it when the Aldora groupies become snarky, condescending and turn all the blame on to the poster. You were absolutely entitled and appropriate in posting your experience on this forum. You seem like a reasonable person. If Aldora provided a simple explanation regarding the absence of a private DM, along with an apology, this thread would have never materialized into multiple pages . When Dave turned it into a condemnation of cruise ship passengers(which was totally irrelevant it addressing your grievance), along with a $hit happens attitude, it took an ugly turn.

If Scubaboard was only about singing the praises and cheer leading their pet dive ops, yet lacking emotional maturity and intellect to accept some not so flattering details of another individual's experience, it would be the end of my days on this forum. Aldora has a loyal following on this forum, so understandably, some posters may feel the need to play Devils Advocate, or defend Aldora, which is fair. However, I cannot stand it when the Aldora groupies become snarky, condescending and turn all the blame on to the poster. You were absolutely entitled and appropriate in posting your experience on this forum. You seem like a reasonable person. If Aldora provided a simple explanation regarding the absence of a private DM, along with an apology, this thread would have never materialized into multiple pages . When Dave turned it into a condemnation of cruise ship passengers(which was totally irrelevant it addressing your grievance), along with a $hit happens attitude, it took an ugly turn.

:cheers::clapping:

Funny thing in business...1,000 good reviews spoiled by one inappropriate snarky reply by the owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom