Aldora Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have not been to coz since 2013. observations on setting up gear - I am a lazy old fart and love it when aldora dm's set me up. on the other hand I worked on a boat in venice fl. the owner did not want me to set anyone up instead he wanted me to watch them and form an opinion on their skills by how they handled set up.
I usually had gr8 dm's at aldora but in may 2013 I had a terrible one. friends went there in nov of 2013 and that guy was long gone.

Good read. I agree, we all have our preferences. I prefer to setup my own gear. My wife prefers that I set hers up or it is setup for her; she's kind of a diva. :wink:

This is our first Coz trip and I have never ever had someone else setup my gear. It will be an interesting experience. But what I really look forward to is not having to schlep the gear to and from the dives!

ONE OF THESE TRIPS we're going to do some diving with Aldora. I have been totally impressed by this operation from what I have seen and heard over the years.

I especially want to dive the northern dive sites they have "found". Not so much the "sleeping shark caves", but the regular dive sites up there that are pristine.

My wife and I dropped in on the Villas one day a couple of years ago, and the manager (Bret I think?) took time out of his day, on a rainy day btw, to show us all around the property & even gave us hats and t-shirts!!

I have also had the pleasure of meeting Dave, actually here in Texas at a dive show. GREAT promoter of his business and the island.

LOL. Wanna know how I know that your wife isn't a forum member? :D

Ha, actually, she is a member - she just doesn't check the forums as often. I am hoping she doesn't see this remark. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom